Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
What do you need to be able to quote?
- Details of the finish you require or, if you are unsure, we are happy to help and offer our expertise in proposing suitable options.
- Batch sizes and annual volumes.
- Any automotive or other industry specification associated requirements.
- Drawings or samples of the parts. We offer a free in-house 3D printing service and offer competitive pricing on smaller parts.
How quickly can you turn around my job?
- Standard turnaround is typically 48-96 hours.
- We offer a chargeable fast-track service which can turn work round in under 24 hours. This is dependent on parts and finish.
- Last year we hit customer quoted turnarounds 96.4% of the time.
What are your salt spray guarantees?
We offer up to a maximum of a 1000 hours salt spray for E Coat.
We offer up to a maximum of a 500 hours salt spray for Powder Coating.
We offer up to a maximum of a 720 hours salt spray for Dip Spin and Centrifugal Painting.
Do you offer free samples?
Do you offer free samples? Generally speaking, we can provide a small number of samples in the finish you require. The only main reservation on this is a request for a finish in a non-stocked product.
What colours do you offer?
- We only offer E-Coat in black.
- Powder Coating is available in most RAL & BS colours, metallic, textured, and gloss levels.
- We also provide a colour matching service for Powder Coating, Dip Spin, and Centrifugal Painting.
Does Profin provide transport?
- Yes. We have transport available to meet customer demand (T&C apply).
What is your minimum charge?
- This varies depending on the finish and volumes required. It usually starts at £75 – £100.
What about bespoke jigging and masking?
- We generally quote for painting on standard jigging frets but we do excel at creating bespoke jigging fixtures and masking solutions for those difficult to paint parts.
How do I contact you?
- Ring on 01527 524126 – your call will be answered quickly by a friendly, expert member of the sales team (not a machine).
- Please email – email@example.com.
- Or you can fill in our form on the ‘Contact Us’ page of our website.